Diani Beach Hospital boasts of a state-of-the-art Advanced Cardiac Care Ambulance from Australia – the only one of its kind in the region.
The ambulance is a significant addition in the management of emergencies. Advanced Cardiac Care ambulances are considered the best in the business in healthcare institutions all over the world. The range of facilities in the ambulance includes:
- A Defibrillator (necessary to shock individuals with cardiac arrest).
- A portable ventilator to assist breathing.
- Continuous Oxygen supply.
- Spinal boards, scoop stretcher, and splints necessary for trauma care.
- A comfortable stretcher that slides out and in easily with the patient on it.
- A work table and seat for the doctor at the head end of the patient.
- Emergency medications shelf.
- Facilities for intubating the unconscious patient.
- Cardiac monitor.