Physiotherapy & Hydrotherapy Department
The physiotherapy department is a result-oriented, self-driven unit which works in co-operation with the other departments to achieve the best possible care for the patients. Qualified physiotherapists assess, diagnose, treat and prevent injuries and disorders using state-of-the-art equipments and modern techniques.
Open Mondays to Saturdays from 9 AM to 6 PM the department enables patients to function at their optimal physical levels and serves to compliment other therapies and modalities of treatments.
The range of equipments utilized to help achieve these results includes:
- Shortwave Diathermy.
- Static Bicycle.
- TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
- Infrared Radiation.
Some of the specific conditions that are addressed by the department include:
- Loss of movement control due to neurologic conditions like stroke, brain injuries.
- Musculoskeletal and sport injuries such as muscle sprains, backaches.
- Musculoskeletal pathologies such as Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis.
- Post surgical conditions like amputations, post natal issues like Vesico-Vaginal Fistulas.
- Contractures following burns.
- Neurological conditions like Bell’s Palsy, GBS, Paraplegias.
- Children with developmental delays and regressed milestones.
The physiotherapist also advises patients on exercise regimes that the patients can follow at home.
The department thus takes the concept of alternative and holistic medicine to aid in faster recovery from most musculoskeletal conditions. Most often the therapy can be recommended by one of our doctors or if you are already undergoing sessions elsewhere but would like to continue the same here please feel free to contact our reception for an appointment.